Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a 1974 MF 135 diesel, UK model, and just changed the hydraulic oil and cleaned the filter. All ok.

My main attachment is a circa 1970s 3 point rear loader (made by PJ Parmiter & Sons, UK) which has a single one-way cylinder raising a 5' arm brandishing a trip bucket. Many fellows added a 2 -way cylinder to the bucket, and I'd like to do that, as well as upgrade the existing cylinder to being a 2-way, for driving t-posts in the garden.

What's the best arrangement for supplying hydraulic pressure to BOTH my 3 pt hitch AND two 2-way cylinders? Is it:
1. use a PTO hydraulic pump and tap into the Massey's 30 litre hydraulic oil ?
2. separate the Massey's internal hyd pump load by installing a diverter under the seat, thus running either the 3pt from the quadrant control vs remote system from new controls,
3. are there valves available which can facilitate the Massey 135's small 4.5gpm flow to allow for running two 2-way cylinders?

Thanks lads!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jj,
What brand of aftermarket 3 lever factory valve unit is known to be the most reliable? Is this something I can get from Princess Auto, or is there a specialty supplier?

I didn't want to add a front crankshaft pump because I don't want to alter the front grill, and it creates a longer hose line scenario. I didn't know that Massey Ferguson originally offered such a unit that fit on the front lift cover. So it might be possible to find a used original? Is there anyplace online I can read about these original units, or see photos?
cheers,
mf135uk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.