Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MF 135 special with Perkins gas engine, 12v alternator. I just have the two gauges (temp and pressure).
I would like to upgrade my panel five gauges. How hard is it to convert? Aside from the gauges themselves, what other parts would I need? I know a fuel sender. It already has temp and pressure. That leaves ammeter and tachometer. Where does the tac cable attach?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a MF 135 special with Perkins gas engine, 12v alternator. I just have the two gauges (temp and pressure).
I would like to upgrade my panel five gauges. How hard is it to convert? Aside from the gauges themselves, what other parts would I need? I know a fuel sender. It already has temp and pressure. That leaves ammeter and tachometer. Where does the tac cable attach?
Thanks
I just finished a basic restoration on a 135 Deluxe with the Continental gas engine. The tach originally came out of the back of the generator on these. Someone can explain better than me but you may be able to come off the distributor. As for the gas gage get ready to drop a few bucks on that. Does your tank have the plate on top that can be removed for the fuel sending unit? If so it will be the mater of purchasing a set. The sending unit and the gage. Ammeter should not be a big deal. You may be able to come off the voltage regulator but I am thinking you will need to come from the alternator. If you don’t get better information than this google works wonders. Good luck with your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts