Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a MF 165 that has the Perkins gas engine AG4-212 on it. It had old gas sitting in it so we drained the fuel and going to seal the tank this week. I tool off the fuel sending unit and it was very rusty as well so I'm looking for a new one online. On the AGCO parts online books, it has part number 511967M1 for the unit. When I search that I get a lot of different results which I think will work but some say for 165 (UK). Is the sending unit the same for the American models or is there even a difference between parts for a 165 and 165UK?

Thanks for any help.
Micah

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Not intended to be a silly question but do you know if your tractor is UK or non-UK? The serial number may answer that. An Agco dealer may be able to answer it also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a non-UK model with serial number 9A 174596. I called a AGCO dealer and he directed me to the correct part number 3609798M1. Runs about 124.00 from the dealer and I can find it cheeper on other sites for a little less. We may try and see if we can get the old one to work.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Just talked with a rep from all states ag. They can send you one for close to $200. I talked with a very nice guy and told him for that money I could keep using sticks. Most of my tractors do not have gauges. I have a lifetime supply of sticks, and they are recyclable too.

Reactions: 203Ind

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes, I use sticks as well, as most of ours came out before they started putting fuel gauges on them. I prefer the "stick method" over the "light a match and look method". You wont get blown up using the stick. 🔥

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is kinda how I am starting to feel about using the stick method. We purchased this tractor last weekend and we had the carb rebuilt and we are cleaning the gas tank now. We have spark so all I need now is fuel. My 10 year old son is helping and its what he is going to learn on pulling a pasture drag to get him some seat time. Also, it doesn't have a top/shade so he will also earn some sweat equity.

Tractor when we found it and purchased.

My son Max with his prize.

We purchased from Mr. Tool and his grandson here with Max.

Headed home. All the sheet metal is in the truck and in good shape. It was very dusty after being sitting under that shed for a number of years. Tires were flat but aired up that day and have not lost air since.

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Get her done!

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Great job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts