Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a '64 Massey MF-35 and it's showing the oil pressure as maxed out on the gauge. I'm ashamed to admit that I neglected oil changes for awhile and I think I'm paying he consequences. Typically, I mow a 3 acre field about 8 times a season and then do some tree felling and hauling brush and wood in a trailer around my property. I probably run it about 2-3 hours a week if you add up the run time. The problem is the oil pressure gauge maxed out and then I realized I had been neglectful and so early in the Spring I changed the oil and filter. Didn't help. I'm changing the oil and filter again this weekend and hoping that may help clear some sludge but I'm also thinking the oil bypass valve may be stuck. Has anyone experienced this? I don't have an engine breakdown and I don't know where the bypass valve is even located. I do have a copy of the original owner's manual and they're showing a sump screen that should be cleaned too. Not sure if anyone has any experience with that. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
4,081 Posts
I've never owned a Massey Ferguson, so I'm no help with that., but for a parts diagrams, you can find them here: Welcome to AGCO Parts Books

·
Super Moderator
8,033 Posts
Just a thought. Is it possible that the gauge is bad?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a thought. Is it possible that the gauge is bad?
I don't believe so Jim. It just maxed out this season but I do see it move off max a little. When I'm out mowing for awhile I see it drop off slightly but not much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts