Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I've never worked on a tractor before but done lots of cars and bikes.
I had a look at a friends T35 3 cyl Perkins that was blowing a load of oil out of the breather. So I ended up offering to look in more detail. I have taken head off (gasket had gone as well) He had used a lot of easy start so I expect rings and bores are shot, so I need to remove the rods and pistons.

I've taken front casting and wheels off, and removed all sump bolts I can see to engine block (upwards) and to the 2 inch deep casting (rearwards) that's between engine/sump and main clutch bellhousing.

My question - The sump won't come off or move. Are there bolts that go into engine block and sump forwards inside the 2 inch casting. Do I need to split the bellhousing away to get to these? Completely? or can I pull it out a bit and get to these bolts- (assuming there are some)

Also I see that the cylinder liners are 2 mm wide at the top mating surface. Are these the thin ' easy to remove' liners or are they the more substantial ones?

Any advice much appreciated
Chris

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
There are two long 5/16 bolts at the rear of the sump that go up into the block and two 7/16 bolts in the front. They are up in a recessed area. They're probably covered in grease.
There aren't bolts holding the sump from the rear through the adaptor casting.
THE liners are thin and fairly easy to remove

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot - surprised I have missed these as looked a few times - will search again when I can get to the job in the next few days. (there's a wasp nest right over it and been stung twice so sorting that first. So am I correct they are 2 pairs of vertical up bolts ?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Thanks a lot - surprised I have missed these as looked a few times - will search again when I can get to the job in the next few days. (there's a wasp nest right over it and been stung twice so sorting that first. So am I correct they are 2 pairs of vertical up bolts ?
Yes two pairs of vertical bolts.
The two rear are up in a deep pocket in the casting. The two in front are in a shallow pocket on both sides of the crankshaft.
They are easy to miss. Its not a conventional oil pan setup. I also missed them.
I have a 203 but its also a 3-152 perkins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts