Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a diesel 1961 MF65 MKII. It runs but I bought it neglected so I am gradually teaching myself basic mechanics and overhauling bits and pieces. Currently I have the front panels and radiator off for a clean up and am replacing all the perished cooling system and air hoses and fan belt. I thought I would check the thermostat but can't find it anywhere. I have looked all around the cast neck by the top hose. Nothing...Any ideas??.

Also I noticed when cleaning up there was signs of some leaking where the water pump attaches. Wondering if I should replace the pump while I have everything off...or just change the gasket...or leave well alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replies. Water pump bolts aren't in great shape and are
not coming off easy with my tools so I will have one more go and then if not it is staying on for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I thought there would be a problem soon I would change things while I had it opened.
Could be that the previous owner removed the thermostat. Not uncommon here in KY.
If this link works it should take you you the appropriate parts diagram to find the thermostat.
65 TRACTOR (agcocorp.com)
Thanks. Link doesn't work (need a login) but will try to get a login as parts diagram would be useful generally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts