Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some pictures of my MH50 plowing a few different places. The tractor is about 99 percent complete, I just need to paint the rear rims and add the decals. Enjoy the photos.

and part of my garden, which was a real pain because of thick roots on one side and the ground has not been tilled in 30 years or so. I should have cut harrowed it first, but my cut harrow is out of commission now. I still think it turned out alright.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thanks for the pic's! The tractor is looking real good and so's the fresh ground ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Looks like the tractor turned the drit very nice. Is the tractor a Massey harris or Massy Ferguson?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope it is a 1955 massey harris 50. The MF50 has a rounded off hood. The grass was very tough, fortunately my plow has a sod cutter on it! Unfortunately the last few runs plowing my governor went nuts and it starting revving up really high under a load. I guess i got to figure that out...its always something, good thing i have all the manuals

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha that is my brother with the jd hat. This Massey is currently the only non green piece of equipment in the family.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
missouri massey man said:
Cool photos, like the plowing but.....is that a JOHN DEERE cap you are wearing ???!!! :lol: :lol:
Old eagle eyes!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
MH50 said:
Haha that is my brother with the jd hat. This Massey is currently the only non green piece of equipment in the family.
I'll bet that's because they're all green with envy because they aren't all MASSEYs !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just kidding you sir, I've even got a green one or three...)
It's all good.... ;) ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
If I were the tractor I would run all crazy on you too. we I the tractor I would have thrown a rod. Souldn't wear JD green near a working tractor that isn't JD green.

:D Al

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alleyyooper said:
If I were the tractor I would run all crazy on you too. we I the tractor I would have thrown a rod. Souldn't wear JD green near a working tractor that isn't JD green.

:D Al
haha well maybe it was his jd pride...lol Its kinda like when used to manage this farm which unfortunately had chevy trucks. I refused to drive it without my ford hat on! lol not to start a ford v. chevy battle here or anything!

I do have a question about the governor on this tractor. Has anyone ever had to adjust one before? I have never had a problem with it except when it was under a heavy load plowing that real heavy grass. any ideas on how to adjust it the manual seemed kinda confusing, like it was overcomplicating things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts