Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a refresher and update on one of my winter projects. This is boss-mans buggy that he remembers playing in as a youngin. We dug it out of the trailer this winter for unique project. It was in excellent shape and "most" of the bolts can off fairly easy. I don't know the year this was made, but it is a Michigan Buggy Co. carriage. The following link is sorta long and dry, but it gives some history of the company. http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/l/limousine/limousine.htm .

lifted it up to make it easier to get to the bolts

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the frame done, it's time to start the body. It shouldn't take too much.

Buggy whip holder

Found a split board on the back. :shock: I wonder how they used to do it before powerplaners and power sanders ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Didn't they become General Motors? Some of those buggy parts look familiar, like maybe they were also used on some chevy's that I worked on.

G

·
0 Posts
I know you said you didnt know the year, but do you have an approx. idea of about when it was made???

Nice job on the back patch.

·
Registered
63 Posts
nice work on a great piece
I guess those long springs will give a smooth ride
really enjoying pictures

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Coming along nicely :!: :D

G

·
0 Posts
prwttsh said:
petra79 said:
I know you said you didnt know the year, but do you have an approx. idea of about when it was made???

Nice job on the back patch.
1899?
Wow. Thats neat. Got to feel good about bringing something that old back to life. Keep up the nice work Bruce.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It'd be nicer if it was mine. But I really enjoy hunting the info on it. ;) Every year we'd say "we ought to paint that thing" , then we'd close the doors and forget about it. I guess this was the year. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts