Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a MM I won't be bringing it home for another 2 weeks, I was sure the tag said model 7 but I can't find any information on one. I may have to go back and look at it again and maybee get some pics.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: MM model 7

the tag that said model 7 was on the transmission. there was one on the motor that said model 3-5/8 x 5
I got some pics, I'll try to get them posted tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like the ZAU
How hard is it to get parts for these?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Nice looking complete project!

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Finally got the last one home safely today. Tractor data says its a 1950 model.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pulled the top cap to try to get it in neutral today

finally did, still got a brake locked up. trying to get it to roll and oiled up where no more damage will occur before I can get to this one. what goes on the bottom of the motor directly behind the front wheels? is that where the oil filter goes?

G

·
Looks pretty ugly in there.Are any of those gears going to be salvageable or are you getting different ones. I know I wouldn't reuse them myself.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll probably clean them up and see. this project is for the future, I just want to stop any further damage until I can get to this one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
masseymechanic said:
Looks pretty ugly in there.Are any of those gears going to be salvageable or are you getting different ones. I know I wouldn't reuse them myself.
I would use those over if they weren't full of pits or chipped. Amazing what they'll look like after a bead blasting.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I personally have no experience with the Z series; however there has been a fair amount of rebuilds in this area on the entire U and GB series, both lpg and diesel. One of the locals that collects strictly M&M diesels uses Welters Farm Supply for parts. Here's a partial listing of suppliers including Welters jetstar.minneapolis-moline.com/parts.html

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I hope to get it under roof soon, may be a while before I start on it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
mlg said:
I personally have no experience with the Z series; however there has been a fair amount of rebuilds in this area on the entire U and GB series, both lpg and diesel. One of the locals that collects strictly M&M diesels uses Welters Farm Supply for parts. Here's a partial listing of suppliers including Welters at jetstar.minneapolis-moline.com/parts.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts