Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any knowledge of an add-on oil filtre for a JD "L"? Mine came with one, I suspect a dealer add on as the lines look profesionally installed. Trying to find out the manufacturer, oil cartridge number, and if I am missing parts (there is no spring or retainer inside the canister to hold the filtre in place).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can you post a couple more pictures from different angles, I have some cartridge bypass filter that I have removed (to replace with spin ons) from older cranes, so I prolly have the parts you would need.

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Looks alot like the 420c filter, yet that means nothing. When you go to the parts store, take the old filter with you. They can get you another by the sizes of the old canister if there are no numbers to go by.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the filter isn't doing any thing without the bottom spring & seal plate, I will check my parts pile and see if the filter housings are there, a parts store should be able to match the filter like lovesthedrive said

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks on that. Maybe I can just get a spring that fits and make up a plate ... but I will wait and see if you have anything.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the one that I found is smaller diameter I think, about 4'' od, and it just has a thin "washer on a fairly light spring on the post and the lid. you can prolly get springs and washers at a locall parts store to do what you need. Sorry I thought it was the same filter.

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
If you look at the base of this picture

You can see the rubber washer he needs. Save this, as your new filter may not have it when you get one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts