Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any sources of tires for the L (7.5x22) that are reasonably priced? I know of two dealers (Miller and Friedrich) but they are looking at $400 ea (plus the tubes and shipping). I am thinking of buying an L but the tires need replacing (no if, ands or buts). Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thats why I bought my L, it doesn't run but has like new rear tires, I figured the engine would be cheaper to fix then buying tires!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking at buying the little Deere, I feel the price is right ($1500) but when I add the cost of tires it makes me wonder if it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
JohnGree said:
I am looking at buying the little Deere, I feel the price is right ($1500) but when I add the cost of tires it makes me wonder if it is worth it.
Without a doubt its worth that

·
Registered
63 Posts
in my neighbourhood you can't get one with repairable tins for that price

·
Registered
50 Posts
I paid $1,100 for mine and it don't run, has parts missing and bad front tires. I'd jump all over that one for $1,500!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. That is very encouraging. It has makeshift rims w/truck tires so it is not immoble ... and I can always keep looking for tires or just bite the bullet. This one runs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here is how mine looks;

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wanna sell it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, got her home ok, in the back of my pickup. Runs like a top. Now the search for tires begins in earnest!

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Most any tire shop can get tires for that. Find a private company that sells Cooper tires, they should have a listing. John Deere if you want to pay through the nose. My New Holland I was able to get some Galaxy tires for it before the prices jumped at $300 per tire (15-36). !5 is the width of tire to the ground, 36 is rim size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts