Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
janzend
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...my first post on this forum...maybe it should be about how happy I am to have found this place but unfortunately, it is about trouble.
I bought a 1948 Model M last spring and it has been working very well until recently. I was clearing snow using a rear blade when suddenly the hydraulics stopped working - won't lift the blade. There was no unusual noise or anything...just stopped working. I checked for hydraulic fluid level, it was fine. I loosened the high pressure line where it goes into the touch-matic unit and started the engine. oil bubbled out but not high pressure at all...more like a gentle flow. Is this a pump issue or could it be something else? thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
Welcome to ATF! I expect James Howell can address your problem. I have a 40S and thankfully have not had any hydraulic problems with it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Janzend, and welcome to the forum. I agree with Jim. James Howell would be the person that could help troubleshoot your your issue. May possibly be something like the relief valve, that's got out of adjustment, or it could be something else. We have a couple of M's here, but have not had any hydraulic issues as yet, so my knowledge is limited too, as we have not yet had to try to fix them. One of them has been here since 1967, and the lift has worked flawlessly since my dad bought it used, that many years ago, so, I believe they are very well made little tractors, from what we have experienced with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts