1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Case - David Brown
moderators are 1031d & NickatKY.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Moderator

I would like to officially welcome all the CASE and David Brown enthusiasts over here! My name is Jim Schwartz and I'm a 4th generation farmer, CASE and MM collector, and I'm also a machinist and welder by trade. I write articles for Old Abe's News magazine also some based upon my own restorations. I bought my first CASE tractor when I was 12, still have it too. That was 21 years ago!

·
Registered
449 Posts

Looking foreward to see what goes on here, although I can't tell you who was the moderator before, congradulations and have a good time. I enjoy looking at the case tractors and remembering the good times working with them. My dad was all IHC from the time he got his first Farmall, a Regular, after a bad experience with a Fordson. In 1963 he sold his dairy cows and bought a Case 401 diesel trator, he traded his Farmall M for it. He liked the direct start. He had a TD9 IHC cat and didn't like the Gas/diesel motor. Later he traded his Farmall H for a DC case because he needed more power on the silage filler. That 401 was a great tractor for him. He did go back to a Farmall for the BIG tractor later, a 1256 Farmall. Only case I ever owned was a 300 round nose, it was a cheap tractor, economical to run and had the eagle hitch, great little tractor for cultivating and spraying. I used it 5-6 years cultivating dill and peppermint in my root plots. I also had a complete line of equipment for the eagle hitch. Sold it to a good friend whn I got out of farming in 1992, He still has everything and loves that tractor....James

·
Registered
341 Posts

James, I was the moderator on the old forum and when we come over here I just assumed the position. I've put a few helpful sticky's on the top and have a couple more planned.

·
Registered
449 Posts

Sorry. I come into this site on the first page and hit 'New Posts and I miss so much. Then on slow days I like to go in and see what all I am missing. Like today, it snowed a little and I am being lazy. I have fridays off. It is good that caseman put up the moderator posts or I would have missed it completly. I only have an old cell phone to come here and it is ackward for me, I don't have access to a computer anymore. I browse a lot but don't make a lot of posts. I guess I am a lot here like I am in real life, I look and listen but don't talk a lot. Any way thanks for all the work you have done over the years and I will try not to take advantage of your generosity so much. Thanks....James

·
Registered
341 Posts

James! No apologies needed! I do 95% of my forum work from my smart phone. As for all the work I've done I hope everybody takes full advantage of it being there as we all have to help each other out. If this hobby were a one man band it'd be pretty boring. If you want to start a post about your memories go for it! I'll read and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I would like to officially welcome all the CASE and David Brown enthusiasts over here! My name is Jim Schwartz and I'm a 4th generation farmer, CASE and MM collector, and I'm also a machinist and welder by trade. I write articles for Old Abe's News magazine also some based upon my own restorations. I bought my first CASE tractor when I was 12, still have it too. That was 21 years ago!
Hello , im wondering if you have any info or people who may be interested in this old case tractor.
it ran great in 2000 before poppy pass.
hate to see it go to scrap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts