Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the big show going on in Morgantown, KY coming up. It's the one that our club puts on every year and it gets bigger and bigger. We had almost 200 entries last year. This years tractor is the Ford. Here's the flyer for it with all the info ;) If you have any more questions, give me a shout. :D

http://www.butlercokyoldiron.com/Index_files/page0004.htm

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone thinking of going? I'd love to meet some of ya there if you are.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
I'll see you and Tim on Saturday Jamie.
Mike it's 3 hours west of Miss Betty P's place.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stephenscity said:
When is it? I might try I don't think Morgantown is all that far from me.
Oct. 26 and 27. The 26th is kind of a set-up day but the 27th (Saturday) will be wide open full of tractors, engines, and all kinds of things. My favorite thing is the parade through town. We basically shut the little city down last year :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
If this nice fall weather holds together it will greatly help make it a success :!:

·
Registered
320 Posts
My plans are to leave the JD A at home this year and bring my 1969 JD 4000 diesel in her work clothes. I am having a little problem with the batteries, but I hope to straighten that out this week. Figured I would give everyone a "before" look before I start tearing her apart and restoring it. Plus, we are going to park it and my sister's restored 1964 JD 4020 next to each other. My biggest problem is trying to figure out how to get it and the golf cart on the trailer together. That 4000 is a big tractor that takes up a lot of room. See ya this weekend and don't forget your barrel train JamieJ.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here is the parade JamieJ was talking about. Tractors as far as you can see and they were still coming around the turn. The parade stretched from one end of town all the way to the other end. It really was a sight to see. I think there were about 90 tractors that participated in the parade ride and about 50 or so that didn't.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Barrel Train... check

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it to your show. :oops: Had one of those things come up that needed immediate attention.
I'd enjoy any photos that you would care to post and show me what I missed. ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I told my wife that I missed you yesterday. I didn't know if you didn't get to come or if we had just missed each other somewhere.

We had a nice turnout. The weather was a little chilly, which hurt our numbers some, but it was still a great event. I don't have the exact numbers yet but there was several really nice rides there!

I've got a few photos on my phone but forgot the regular camera. I'll try to get them uploaded soon. There will be some pics and stuff on our clubs website but it may be a while for them to get it all updated. There's no telling how many pics were taken that will need to be uploaded.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is just a few pics that I have on my phone.

Here's a pic of one of the lines.

Here's one of Dad's '52 JD A and my '57 D14 Allis. You can't see the hay wagon behind the A that we took but you can see me "talking tractors" with somebody. ;)

Here is my view to the front during the tractor parade. Always one of my favorite parts! :)

And here is a view to the rear. That's my neighbor friend on my Allis. It just made his day that I let him drive it while I rode on the hay wagon with my wife. He is 14 years old and that's his first tractor show.

This is my friend on my Allis D14 again at the tractor games. This is where you hold a closed end wrench with a golf ball placed on it. Then you cross over some 2X4's with the tractor without loosing the ball. He placed 2nd behind JohnDeereFan on his JD 4000.

And now there is the egg cracking challenge. Crack the egg with your drawbar without breaking it. Smallest crack wins...

And the winner of the egg cracking challenge was..... (insert drumroll here)..... ME!!!

A big thanks goes out to JohnDeereFan for the tips and coaching!

Everyone had a blast! I enjoyed this years show more than any in the past. Seems like the people were wanting to talk more and share stories.

Next year, our club is hosting the Red Power Reunion. We're expecting tons of red tractors from all over the place! ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Yall have some very cool tractor games :!: Thanks Jaime for all the pics :!: :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Looks like you all had a really good show with some nice tractors. I wanted to come but just wasn't able. Hopefully we can make the trip next year. You and your dad got some fine looking machines. Glad you all got to get out and have some fun.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Thanks for the photos, wish I could have made it. Always have a good time and find something unique. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts