Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some digging today on mower decks for that Farmall 560. As tested, tractordata site says 63hp at the pto and 53 at the drawbar. I’m at 7’1” at the rear tires. I’m thinking 8’-10’ deck. Anyone using anything bigger than that on a similar tractor? If so, how is it working out?

Guy I bought it from says he used to run an 8’ all the time without issue.

·
Administrator
4,415 Posts
An 8' mower if you're gonna cut much heavy brush is a good match for that sized gas burner.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An 8' mower if you're gonna cut much heavy brush is a good match for that sized gas burner.
Not really a lot of heavy brush as much as just pretty clean pasture. I have two fenced in horse pastures on either side of the drive that are 2.25 acres each with a half acre boulevard up the center. I only have two old mares so they can’t keep up with all that. Then behind that, have 1 acre the house / barn sits on I refer to the inner yard. It’s separated from the outer back yard (another 4 acres) by a row of trees. Way back along the far end of the yard, I have a 50ft x 100 yard shooting range that gets mowed just above the ground ( so we can easily pickup brass.)

We’ve been mowing all 10 acres by zero turn up til now. Makes for a beautiful property but takes 11.5 man hours to mow it all. Sunday, one of the boys threw a rod in one of the zero turns. I’m debating fixing or just getting something to throw on the tractor to make short work of a big chunk of the pasture parts of the yard. That’s kind of why I’m considering a flail mower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts