Antique Tractors Forum banner

Mrs. Berts garden is coming along

10K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  gordon1121 
#1 ·
Finally got time to post some pics and hope to add as the year goes. ;)

Hayleyd and Mrs.B planting the maters and peppers and giving them some water

Hayleyd Mrs.B and Breann making sure every row is CROOKED :eek: :shock: :lol:

My garlic patch :D

See less See more
#30 ·
Well you all definitely look to be having good luck with them - those are beautiful onions. I could be wrong but it sounds like you all went with the short day varieties? I've tried walla walla down here before I ever read up on them... they came in okay but didn't have time to really bulb out... my biggest might have been 2" across. I had to go with an intermediate day, and it seems to be liking this area much better. One thing that I am noticing is that as large as the candy onions are getting, not one has bloomed yet... where my generic yellow red and white sets grew faster and have already bloomed out. May not be anything, it just struck me as unusual.

G
#32 ·
bertman said:
We called them about different varieties. They said to stick with these and we would be happy. They sure are helpfull!!!!
I checked out their website. Ordered a catalog. Wife and I might try them next year even though the ones we have now from a small seed store are looking real good.

#35 ·
petra79 said:
Looks like your finally gettin some rain there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should catch some of that storm around midnight or shortly after. Hope ya get a good watering.

Sure is going to help the garden!!!!!
Bad side was last night I was on here getting ready to reply to some posts AND.........
Lightning struck a buoiding a block away :eek: Big fire powerlines down and I was in the dark :lol: Now Im playing catchup

#41 ·
petra79 said:
Jim in NC said:
Maybe he got the tiller for his birthday :?: ;)
Don't know Jim, I think he's got a big tiller that goes on his Boomer?? Maybe they thought he needed more exercise (just to stay healthy of course) :? :?
This is my neighbors tiller. Im working in the "Victory Garden" We always get left over plants and hope they grow. If we get anything then its a VICTORY :lol:
I really been "exercising" alot lately ;)

#42 ·
Pretty good deal Bert...getting left over plants and a tiller to use.
I have offered many times to let folks come and pick their own stuff free of charge, but they won't. I have offered harvested things free, but only to be told that they don't cook. Then they say, if you cook it for us we will take it. :shock: So now I share only with kin folks and elderly neighbors who cannot get out and do the work, but are still capable of cooking and enjoying .

#43 ·
I run around with my hayrack once in a while with it full of stuff and give to people. If they offer money I donate it to my girls 4h group. But I hear you on how some people are :x
If they only knew the money and time involved :!: :!: Some people think you just buy a few seeds and its magic :lol:

#44 ·
bertman said:
I run around with my hayrack once in a while with it full of stuff and give to people. If they offer money I donate it to my girls 4h group. But I hear you on how some people are :x
If they only knew the money and time involved :!: :!: Some people think you just buy a few seeds and its magic :lol:
And, this is a good one Bert, "Bring your tractor over sometime when you aren't using it and "fill in blank" for me." They think that doesn't cost farmers anything either. :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.