Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower garden is planted with cool season veggies.

The kitchen mater patch is on top of the hill behind the house just a quick ways from the bread and mayo! We have about 175 plants here.

This dogwood tree along the fence line, like all of them, have been really beautiful this spring. It has the most flowers that I believe it has ever had.

·
Administrator
4,348 Posts
Re: Mrs. Jim's 2013 Kitchen Gardens

Nice lookin' garden's Jimmy. :D
It's just now getting time to plant the rest of the garden here, when it ever dries up enough. :roll:
I got my taters, onions, radishes, and lettuce up, then this Dogwood Winter has kept them from growing much.
Now were in the cycle of "when the ground will work tomorrow, it rains overnight", or......typical Spring. :cool:
Dogwoods are brilliantly dotting the woods and yards in full bloom here too.
Strawberries should be in bloom. Gotta get me a patch planted again. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

A sign of how cool we have been is that the strawberries are not yet ready, and it's gonna push it for them to be ready by Mothers' Day :!: :shock:

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts

Great looking garden, can't beat fresh vegies.

·
Registered
438 Posts

Love your garden. Putting ours out next week. I can't wait. I got it all cleaned up, burned some last night.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts

Beautiful pictures, Jimmy! That dogwood is really something, you have such a nice looking place in all of the pictures that you post. Thanks for sharing! On a side note - are North Carolina's round-top bread crops faring any better this year??? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts

Jim it looks like you got things going good and I got to say you got a fine looking place. Wish mine looked as good. Won't be long till you be getting the good part out of your early garden.

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

gordon1121 said:
Jim it looks like you got things going good and I got to say you got a fine looking place. Wish mine looked as good. Won't be long till you be getting the good part out of your early garden.
Thanks for the flowers Gordon, but it's all in the angle of the shot. I have plenty of things that need attention and show it. I just had a ball joint come out of one of the Longs. Came home to get another one. We are takin' a chance and tryin' to get some early melons in today before the rain comes tonight and tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here's a couple of updated pics. The first tomato blooms are opening up. Greens in the lower garden have suffered from drowning and stunting because of so much rain. Onions have grown the slowest I can ever remember.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Re: Mrs. Jim's 2013 Kitchen Gardens(updated pics)

Jim looks things are coming along good . Everything is growing well,

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts

Sure does look to me Jimmy. Looks clean to, you can tell a lot of work there so far.

·
Administrator
4,348 Posts

Your gardens look good. Mine just got dry enough to clean up yesterday.
Had to replant some beans and corn, from sitting in mud for so long.
Speaking of onions, I had about a forth of mine drowned from all the
wet weather we have had. Never had that happen before. :?

·
Registered
438 Posts

Jim, I hope the rabbits are in check. You've got a beautiful garden.

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Peacher79 said:
Jim, I hope the rabbits are in check. You've got a beautiful garden.
Thanks Bob :!: Our biggest pests here at the house are groundhogs. Got the 12 gauge and 10-22 tuned in :!: ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The tomato plants have really grown since I posted the pics. Hot, humid days have done it. The brakes get applied tomorrow as we are supposed to have three mornings with temps down to the mid 40s. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Here's a couple of updated pics. They have never been this tall before, and they are still goin' with no end in sight :!: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can add about another foot to the tallest plants. They are indeterminant varieties and are still growing.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Fantastic work as always! kudos to you guys :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Looking good Jim . I see little mater on them. Ate my first tomato
out of our garden tonight. That is a pretty picture Jim.

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There's gonna be lots of small maters there I believe. The blooms are far apart because the plants are so tall. We are getting some baseball size Early Girl maters and have gotten a couple of nice German Johnson maters.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts