Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I musta been good this year. ;)
The wife let this little 1940 Model H follow me home today, and said
it could be my Christmas present, which I happily accepted.
This little guy should be a lot of fun to take to shows.

IMG_20191214_155031957.jpg IMG_20191214_155014793_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20191214_155203441.jpg IMG_20191214_155230241.jpg
IMG_20191214_155221538.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! It pays to be good, or to avoid getting caught! I have always thought the H was a neater Deere to have than one of its larger cousins. A local fellow had a pristine one with a complete set of cultivators that he would take to tractor shows.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. The little tractor was one of 8 restored john deere's in a good friend of mines collection, that sadly passed away in August of this year. His family had an auction Saturday, and I told the Wife i was going, and would like to have one of his tractors in me and the nephews collection, as we used to go with him a lot to tractor auctions and events. So, she gave me the green light to try and buy one if it went in reason and we could afford it. So, I was very happy to be able to buy it.
So far, we got it in the shop and gave it a good cleaning and detailing. We had to put a new gasket in the settling bulb and replace the fuel shutoff valve to stop some fuel leaks, and re-tune the carburetor where it had been sitting for a few years. It is starting on the 2nd crank and running smoothly now.
I will post some pictures later on, as its been raining really hard here the past few days. i am hoping its stopped now for a few days.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Nice little H. The perfect sized show Deere. ;)
Good you could get one of your friends tractors.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Very nice! You must have been very very good!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was so nice outside on Christmas day, I took her for a spin.
Took some more pictures out in the sunshine. Lola liked riding
around as well. I snapped a picture of her sitting in the seat.

H1.jpg H2.jpg
H3.jpg HLola.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts