Antique Tractors Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
caseman said:
DerickS said:
Wow! That was fast and great news :D
Don't you wish you could be there Sat on the Fun Run when she takes it on the Fun Run for the first time? :lol: :lol: :lol:
THAT would be a sight to see now wouldnt it? :D

Julie sure is a heart warming story and I am so glad you got the tractor. I know how proud you will be driving your dads tractor I do know how proud I felt when I got my dads vac and took it to the first show.So enjoy and hope your children will enjoy this for a long time.

Great news Julie. :D Your story has given me incentive to get started restoring my One-Sixty. It's a basket case right now.

caseman said:
DerickS said:
Wow! That was fast and great news :D
Don't you wish you could be there Sat on the Fun Run when she takes it on the Fun Run for the first time? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good Lord willing I will be. :D Just wish I had mine ready to ride along with her. :cry: Maybe next year.

Congrats Julie. I know that Saturday's Fun Run will be very special for you. I wish we could be there with yall, but we will be content remembering the good times we had this past weekend.

Jim in NC said:
Congrats Julie. I know that Saturday's Fun Run will be very special for you. I wish we could be there with yall, but we will be content remembering the good times we had this past weekend.
We missed the show because of vacation issues but will be at the fun run this weekend! I cant wait to see the 160 in person :D

Discussion starter · #27 ·
All three boys have taken her for a ride. All three love it! I know Daddy is looking down and smiling watching his grandsons enjoy his tractor. Now to get Mom on there for a ride. Hopefully she won't get it hooked in the fence row like she did many years ago. :lol:

Discussion starter · #28 ·
One final update to the tractor story. Funny how things work. I have been thinking how hard it would be to find an Allis Chalmers keychain to put on the tractor key, so today I bought a "make it yourself" keychain and was going to put the picture of me and Daddy in it. Tonight while hooking up the finish mower, Richard finally remembered to look at the keychain that was on the key, something he had been meaning to do. All I knew was that it was red and should be orange. He said the other day he noticed it at the AC emblem on it but didn't really examine it closely. So tonight he pulls the key out and looks at the keychain. You have to look at the picture below and then go back to page one and look close at the bill of sales picture. Yep, it still has the original keychain on the key. The keychain that daddy would have carried in his own pocket 42 years ago! Won't be chaining the keychain after all.

It just keeps getting more special!

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Ok, I know I said final update last time, but here's another update. Today was Jr's Fun Run Tractor ride. Mom got on her spot on the left fender and off went. Since we started by going up Union and thru Robinson, Mom and I decided when we got to the end, instead of heading right to Kelat, we would head left toward Berry, since the farm where Daddy farmed was just about 1/4 mile away. So off we went. Below is a picture of tractor next to the old barn and one of Mom and I on the ride. What a great day for a tractor ride!

BEEEEEEUUUUUUUUTIFUL :!: :!: :!: :D

Wondered where you went!? :) great pictures

Julie,
What a tear jerker! That was close thought you had me a couple times there!
Great that you were able to find your dads Allis in great running condition and that the owner was so helpful in getting this family tractor back to you. The pictures of your dad and you on the one-sixty is great!
I have not been on any tractor rides I don't think they do them in this part of the world?? But that sounds neat!
Also like the shot with the tractor by the old family barn very fitting detour that you and your Mom made. That gives me a idea too:)

This story really shows how much this old iron really means to some of us. Like you, I think my dad would be smiling that I have his old WD Allis setting in the garage this winter. I brought it home this fall and VERY glad I did.
I can tell that you are overjoyed to have this one-sixty home too!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Hummmm? Wonder where my grandfathers Case VAC is? :)
Regards,
Chris

Great story so far even had me tearing up a bit just reading it. I am lucky enough to have my daddy's Farmall C and M. wouldn't take a farm in georgia for either one of them. Hope you get that one sixty home soon. would look good hooked to my old 66 combine or 443 baler.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.