Antique Tractors Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I was able to do a little more work on the tractor. Took the carb off, as it was engulfed in a 1/8" crust of dust and oil and gas, or whatever that was. Cleaned it up outside and inside, and adjusted the float. The carb kit I got on ebay didn't have many parts matching this carburetor. But the original jet needles seemed fine, not notched. Put it back on on Saturday, and started the engine. Doesn't really make sense to me, the idle seems quite fast. Tried to adjust it from the idle adjust screw and it either went too slow, similar to misfiring, or fast. There doesn't seem to be much in the middle. I'll have to play some more with this. :/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does your 33 have a Marvel Schebler carburetor on it? My 102 has some problems with not running very good at idle either, runs pretty uneven... I thought it might be the idle mix adjust screw that was adjusted wrong on mine, but it doesn't really make any difference if i try adjusting it or not. But it might do in your case? Might be worth checking at least.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yes, mine has the Marvel Schebler TSX-505 carburetor. Mine is stable if the idle speed is on the high side. But when I tried to set it to a lower speed it kind of skips sometimes. Like misfiring.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Finally got a manifold to replace the old badly broken one.

I haven't done a proper carb adjustment yet, how do you think it's running?

[video]

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Finally got a manifold to replace the old badly broken one.

I haven't done a proper carb adjustment yet, how do you think it's running?

[video]
That's a good looking manifold. its all looking good. ..Keep it going forward and post your progress.
There was a manifold out there with your name on it.

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
Sounds good. Glad you found a manifold. Sometimes takes a bit of lookig for these old tractors.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts