Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I found this great deal on a good-looking Minneapolis Moline the other day and just had to go get it. 189 miles one way and well worth it! Now I just need to get lights for her and install a light switch.








 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
Wow that a beauty! Well worth the drive and she dont look like she needs much at all :D Congrats
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
Well worth the trip from what I see, you done good! Never were many MM's around here but I always liked the looks of them. They put some "style" in the design then, always liked the way they put the scoop in the hood and the way they did the dash. Looks like you got some good help riding shotgun with you too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Great tractor! Just curious, you said you need to get lights for it. You're not thinking they mount in the holes in the side of the hood panels are you? The hood latch mounts there, the lights mount on a tube which mounts on the bellhousing just in front of the side panels. trying to help, not critizing, from the tone of your msg and the pictures I thought that may be what you're thinking. John G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill John said:
Great tractor! Just curious, you said you need to get lights for it. You're not thinking they mount in the holes in the side of the hood panels are you? The hood latch mounts there, the lights mount on a tube which mounts on the bellhousing just in front of the side panels. trying to help, not critizing, from the tone of your msg and the pictures I thought that may be what you're thinking. John G
That is exactly where I assumed they mounted. Thanks for pointing out they don't! I'll have to look for the bellhousing mounts.

gordon1121 said:
Well worth the trip from what I see, you done good! Never were many MM's around here but I always liked the looks of them. They put some "style" in the design then, always liked the way they put the scoop in the hood and the way they did the dash. Looks like you got some good help riding shotgun with you too.
I think I done real good too. She purrs like a kitten and hauls butt in 5th! My copilot absolutely loves tractors, I can't do anything without him wanting to ride with me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

DerickS said:
Wow that a beauty! Well worth the drive and she dont look like she needs much at all :D Congrats
She doesn't need much but the lights. The choke cable is a little touchy, if you push it in too fast, the lever on the carb goes past the run and back into a kinda choke. The only problem with her, and the po was upfront about it, is that sometimes the starter makes a weird grinding noise instead of starting. But if you let go of it right away, wait for it to stop spinning, and try again, it'll start right up.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top