Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired this Kioti DK 55 in 2006. It is a 2004 model and had 200 hours on it when I bought it. Kiotis are made in South Korea by Daedong and assembled in Wendell, NC. Daedong also makes the Bobcat tractors. It is a little heavier than a Kubota of similar size and HP, although it would always be nice it it was heavier. It is very operator friendly and comfortable. The hydraulics are good. This one is a shuttle shift with 12 forwards and reverses.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
Sure looks like it'd be handy. When they are comfortable and easy to operate, it makes work almost fun. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bettyp said:
Jim don't believe you have shared the likes of that before. Bet you really like that while feeding & other times.
It has been posted before, probably 4 to 5 years ago. It is handy Betty, especially if we have a lot of mud, ice, and snow in the winter. The 4 wheel drive is very nice :!: :D

G

·
0 Posts
That looks like a nice tractor. I would like to have a tractor like that some day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like it! Old tractors are fun, but you can't beat modern comforts for working!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Well Jim, I've been trying to talk MrsMassey into a 30 maybe 35 hp hydrostatic Kioti for two years now. They are very sweet and very close to Kubota in a lotta ways. The story I heard was two brothers owned Kubota and one left and started Kioti with a lot of Kubota's designs. Just hearsay though...Yours is one DEE-luxe rig, sir. How many ponies in this one ??

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
55hp turbocharged. My info on Daedong is that the company started out making diesel construction equipment in or around the 1940s. I don't know about brothers splitting up. It has taught me to appreciate hydraulics more as I get older :!: :D

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Jim,
That would be a great addition to any farm!
I would like to have something like that. Sure would make things easier, or get me in more trouble?
Regards,
Chris

Reactions: Lovesthedrive

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris it has been very helpful in gathering firewood and feeding during winter's ice and snow and the mudfest that they bring. My pasture has several steep slopes that make this a bit tricky and the extra control by the 4WD helps. One has t be really careful on slopes though. The weight shift from the height of the loader and the slope can cause the tractor to tip over easily. I have had to learn there is a fine line that cannot be crossed. It is comfortable and easy to operate. The hydraulics are very responsive. It's a good haying tractor but it is not often used for that. I have others that are a little better on fuel, and the loader and attachments sometimes interfere with operating in tight places.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Jim,
I can see how those forks on the high lift would be handier than a pocket in a shirt!
Regards,
Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts