Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks good, the saw mill I used to work at had a 76 A62 loader, they got it in 78 and ran it till 96 when they switched to JD's that where faster, but they didn't have the hydraulic problems with the Ford like they had with the JD's. The Allison transmission in that loader uses 10 weight hyd oil or ATF, using heavier oil in that trans will mess it up, they learned that the hard way.

·
Machines Lover from Finla
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good, the saw mill I used to work at had a 76 A62 loader, they got it in 78 and ran it till 96 when they switched to JD's that where faster, but they didn't have the hydraulic problems with the Ford like they had with the JD's. The Allison transmission in that loader uses 10 weight hyd oil or ATF, using heavier oil in that trans will mess it up, they learned that the hard way.
Thank You, interesting knowledge, this Ford loaders have allison transmissions, very important data that what You say those transmission oils.. in this spring I have to make full maintenance, change all oils etc. on this machine.. !!

·
Super Moderator
8,125 Posts
Metsaman I think it will prove to be a valuable tool knowing the environment in which you live. :good:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts