Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.

I am helping a friend clear off his Dad's place as he is about to move to easier way of life... too many projects.

There are a few old tractors around in one area of his property and it would be nice to determine what they are and if they would have any value to anyone instead of being hauled off as scrap metal.

I wouldn't mind restoring one of these myself but I have my plate full with other projects.

So to recap my questions are:

1. Any idea what era and brand these tractors are?
  2. Would they have any value to someone? Are they worth trying to sell even as parts? Or should they just get hauled off a scrap (shudder to think that.)
Thanks in advance. I will post pics of them below.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tractor 2

I think this one is also an Allis Chalmers. I have found the complete engine that is missing from the tractor so everything is in tact.

Tractor 2 -P1030177-web.JPG Tractor 2 -P1030178-web.JPG

·
Registered
477 Posts
This is a Fordson Major, British built and imported. Looks to be in pretty good general condition. Very good, powerful for their size.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Jesse;
They all have value. The first Allis looks restoreable, the blue goose also looks like a restoration, or get it running and leave it sweaty candidate, the little Ford N series(I'm guessing a 9n) also looks to be worth possible restoration. The others need to be evaluated by someone with some mechanical knowledge. At the worst they are great parts donors. Look for a local tractor club in your area. Most guys with grease under their fingernails would be willing to look at them for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Skipper,

I've taken your advice and reached out to a local tractor club.

I was discussing that they out to keep one of the tractors. Out of these tractors the Fordson Major (the blue one, right?) does appear to be the most "ready to go". How hard will it be to get parts for something like this one since it's both an old tractor AND imported. Would one of the Alis be a better choice to keep?

Also would the Ford be considered more of a garden tractor? It doesn't appear to be very big and I'm not sure what you could do with it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The Major, from looking at the pictures, looks like it was driven there, shut off and had the exhaust covered, if the engine is free, probably wouldn't take too much to get running. A lot of them were imported, parts can be found, but sometimes take some looking.

The better of the Allis Chalmers looks like it needs quite a bit of work and parts.

The little Ford, if the engine is free, would be a good prospect, they are good small farm tractor, and I think you can buy any part needed for them at Ford dealers and the aftermarket. They are one of the most common small tractors ever made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts