Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My father who is not very computer literate and is getting on in years has a 1956-58 IH 350 utility tractor (http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/2/321-international-harvester-350.html). He depends on this tractor to clear snow and help with other misc tasks on the acerage on which they live. The tractor has a front-end loader that he added many years ago and has worked for at least the last 40 years he has owned it. However, this season the hydraulic pump failed (no pressure). We do not know exactly which year this tractor was built, only it is most certainly the one linked to above.

I am not a tractor expert however as I understand it these tractors were only built for 2-3 years and due to the short production period not a lot of them were made. Of the ones that were made only a handful had the diesel engine which this one does. We have searched high and low for a replacement pump and all that can be found is a suitable replacement for the gas model which will not fit on the diesel.

I don't know a lot about how hydraulic pumps work, but he told me brought it into a rebuilder in Edmonton who took it apart and told him that the housing was worn and they could not fix it because they cannot fabricate nor find the required part.

My dad is rather stubborn and insists that he wants the pump repaired or replaced. He is not willing to entertain a PTO driven replacement. If money is no object, does anyone know of any company or person anywhere in the world that could repair, replace or rebuild a pump like this.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
I think All States Ag Parts would be a good place to start your search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think All States Ag Parts would be a good place to start your search.
Jim,
Thanks very much for the lead. I was able to find a gentleman with a used pump on another forum that we were able to get. I also learned that the gas engine pump can be used on the diesel if the drive gear is changed, but I think the direct used replacement we found is the best option.

Erik

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Glad you found what you needed, and quickly too. I am too sentimental when it comes to family items. They usually have good stories and memories tied to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts