Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Tractor enthusiasts! My grandpa recently passed and my grandma is giving me his old International Harvester FCUB tractor. She said (an honest woman with no need to lie) someone offered her $14,000 for it a few years back. Apparently it is quite collectible. From my research it appears to be a Farmall Cub. It seems that the serial number would make it either a 1928 model or a 1948 model depending where I looked. I’m inclined to say it is a 1928 model as his grandpa passed it on to him.... but I need to verify this. Can anyone help? Also let me know if it is collectible and should I hold on to it, restore it, or sell it as is where is and what in your opinion it’s worth. I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this site so I’m reaching out. Thanks in advance!
3C605BC8-7BD3-4419-894B-60FB53908996.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
The serial number says it is a 1948. If it is a non-running tractor most folks would view its worth to be very low, close to scrap metal value. Do not be discouraged though because a family treasure can have value that money cannot buy. It's value could be greatly enhanced if there are attachments or implements that come with the tractor. Many of them are becoming difficult to find and will make the cub much more valuable.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sorry about your Grandfather passing away, and welcome to ATF. The Cubs are a nice tractors to
restore and take to shows. Easy to load, and don't take a very big trailer to
haul them around. Most parts are still available, so it is easy to get any part you
need to make it run. Also they made several attachments for the Cub. plows, cultivators,
belly mowers, just to name a few. Being it has been in your family for so long, and
your Grandmother has gave you, and entrusted you as the caretaker of it, there's no
way to put a price on that. That, is priceless in its self.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts