Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum ...which came highly recommended by my Iowa friend.

I retired from farming, but my daughter/son-in-law have taken over the farm...including subject 860 Ford wide front tractor. It has no power steering.

Thinking ahead, they could be operating this tractor for ANOTHER 30 years. Why not add the power steering it needs?

I'm supposing the best way would be to find the parts from a wrecking yard donor? Rebuild components as needed...

Any idea of sources? We're in the Willamette Valley, Oregon..

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
If I was looking for PS for one of my tractors I would be searching for a non runner with PS. I picked one up last year for $400, sold the weights off it for $350. Going to move the PS on another tractor. So the cost is $50 Plus my time but I'll still have a whole parts tractor with plenty of good parts or I could sell it and send it down the road, Which will indeed may my wife very happy.
If you buy one from a salvage yard or somebody parting out tractors you will likely paid somewhere around $600/$800.
When buying a unit from someone make sure it is complete cause you are going to need the steering column, steering rods, pump, brackets, double belt pulley,cylinders and hoses.
Good luck with your mission.

Kirk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts