Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 2 John Deeres in yesterday
630 lp right now the motor is stuck not for sure why they quit using it will have to take a better look they do have the Regulator off.

The R look like some one started to work on a few parts missing but the pony still is loose have all the parts on another salvage tractor if I ever get to it.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Re: New additions 630lp and R

Looks like you done good. That R is going to be a brute when you get it going and the 630 looks really good to. Looks like you got several there in the background. Just wondering if you ever use the sprayer conversion in the picture behind the R.

·
Registered
926 Posts

Hello Richardmo; i really like what You have to work with. One of my favorites among the Deere is the R model. I don't have an R and kind of envy those who do. :lol: If You havent already we would also love to see more on the rig Gordon mentioned. I find those conversions especially fascinating.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The allis spary rig was used down in LA. for spraying cane.
we are not using it but it is different for sure way up in the air.
A few more of the tractors also attached my 3020 Diesel high crop and 730 Arg. high crop.
Also got in a salvage 4430 high crop about 2 month a go.

·
Registered
926 Posts

Thank You for the fotos. That Allis has had a lot of engineering done to it.Some one put a lot of time and work into this tractor. You have some very scarce tractors in Your collection. :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts

Sorry I'm late in answering but I've been gone for a couple of days. You sure do have a good collection going an I hope you keep posting pictures as you go I love to see them. That spraying rig is something but them JD's look good to.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for all the good commentsi i will see about getting more of are John Deere collection posted.
Here a couple pictures of are 1010 gas my dad was using last year in the garden.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

We just got in a John Deere 830 pony start from AZ.
been wanting one for along time, now to figure out how we can use it.

Sheet metal nice big motor runs good
The pony smokes but has plenty power to turn over the big engine.
Needs one rear rim as usual the calcium has leak out.

Also got the John Deere M out and mowed around the front and by the gate today.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is are 70 Diesel this is my second tractor i ever bought came from NE. great runner has not been out of the barn in a couple years start right up.
we rebuilt the transmission when first got it had third gear out,and put new tires on.

This has been the one we have used on the Round baler works out good till we lost a belt.

We have old chain drive round baler we keep as spare just for this problem.

Here are couple pictures.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like an old "Watkins Motor Freight" Volvo in the background...
Is that yours...
They are wonderful semi's with impeccable maintenance .... I pulled my fifth wheel camper with one for a long time... :)
Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here another 4020 high crop from La.
Replaced the bad rear tire with another to make it easier to move around.
Not running not for sure what is all wrong with the tractor yet.

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
My guess is to see if it turns over. Then to see if it will start. Then to see if it will run for any length of time. What kind of oil pressure it may have. (usually some one will park a good tractor because of lack of oil pressure. Then if everything checks out, to see what happens when it is put in gear. and so on. But I am sure you know all this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts