Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just picked up a 154 lowboy $800.00 yeah I know someone's going to say you probably way over paid but meh. I always dive in head first its just who i am never the easy way. So its leeking oil and hydrolic fluid are there any good books that explain teardown. I already found quite a few sites designated to these tractors offering Parts still in the box. It needs love but its mine and I'm willing to do the work. Just need a starting point and that starting point will not be at the scrap yard.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You came to the right place! I could be more help to you with a standard Cub more than a lowboy. No worries, there'll be somebody that knows about them come along any time now. Good luck with it. Gotta love Cubs!

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Hello Wildbill, welcome to ATF. Another one rescued from the scrappie. Like the above, I could help if it was a Cub but someone here will be able to help. Good luck.

·
Administrator
4,006 Posts
Hello and welcome.
A Cub Lo-boy 154 tractor / mower in good condition will go for about $2000 in my neighborhood.
One ready for a total restoration will bring $500.....if it runs.
Do a google search for Cub Lo-boy 154 repair manual and you'll have your pick. From I&T manuals to reprints of IH originals.
There may be someone who posted a free download somewhere you'll just have to sort through.
Have fun and good luck with your Cub . Let us know how it coming along.

·
Super Moderator
7,927 Posts
Welcome to ATF wildbill! We like pics here so post some of your lowboy when you can.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Information on the cubs is very plentiful, as they have a huge following.
My Nephew is a big fan of those and the cub cadets.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
So i just picked up a 154 lowboy $800.00 yeah I know someone's going to say you probably way over paid but meh. I always dive in head first its just who i am never the easy way. So its leeking oil and hydrolic fluid are there any good books that explain teardown. I already found quite a few sites designated to these tractors offering Parts still in the box. It needs love but its mine and I'm willing to do the work. Just need a starting point and that starting point will not be at the scrap yard.
Welcome to the forum Wildbill!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I restored a 154 lowboy several years ago. I had good luck finding all my parts at HamiltonBobs.com. He specializes in the numbered series lowboys. He has new parts and parts tractors out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts