Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, awhile back my son and I acquired this 1940 Farmal H with hopes to restore. Nether one us know much about antique tractors. But we have an original owners manual, so with its information we atleast know how to put it together. However I have dropped the ball on being able to find parts. First thing on my list is a radiator. I've searched ebay and came across a few that they have been asking crazy prices and super high shipping cost. And also came across some that were new, but I'm not too confident in them being the absolute correct fit for our specific tractor. Any leads or info would be greatly appreciated. The number stamped on the side of the old radiator is 351T 95 R91 H1 74. And the IHC part # listed in the owners manual is 50969 DX. Thanks
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Font Rectangle Gas Fixture Metal
Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Font Tractor
Product Font Handwriting Material property Parallel
Wood Gas Flooring Cooking Composite material
Wood Gas Hardwood Composite material Natural material
Wood Gas Composite material Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
4,414 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the site and to vintage tractors. That's a great looking old H for a restoration.
Try All States Ag Parts at tractorpartsasap.com or give them a call if you're not sure of their on-line catalog parts.
They have always been able to supply the correct new or used parts for my old tractors.

Reactions: Travis in KS

·
Super Moderator
8,630 Posts
Hello and welcome to ATF! Your H looks to be worthy of sprucing up. I have a local 1942 H here that lived on a former dairy and tobacco farm. I spent some time helping its owner when growing up. Keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: Travis in KS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. The guy we got it from said it ran when he put it in his garage to begin to take it apart for his plan to restore it. And our plan for now is just to get it back to running atleast so my boy can haul a couple of his lambs to town for the county fair. But eventually it will be bright and Shiney IH Red again.
All States Ag Parts is one of the websites that I have been looking at.
I just wasnt sure because this radiator has different holes to bolt the grill on and the 2 overflow tubes seen odd. I'm pretty sure there is only one under the radiator cap. But thanks again for the recommendation, I will give them a call.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
welcome to the forum Travis!

·
Administrator
4,414 Posts
"I just wasnt sure because this radiator has different holes to bolt the grill on and the 2 overflow tubes seen odd. I'm pretty sure there is only one under the radiator cap. But thanks again for the recommendation, I will give them a call."

This is why it's best to find a good used one if possible.
New aftermarket parts sometimes need to be modified.
I've had to replace two radiators on old tractors with new over the past ten years.
One fit as it should, and the other had to be modified to attach everything back as it should be.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If the top and bottom of the old radiator is in pretty good shape, taking it to a radiator shop and having them re-core it, would always be an option, as well.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a little late to the party but I'll add this anyway, Welcome to ATF, I too am a new Farmall owner and looking forward to watching everyone else advance their projects from tired iron to restored useful equipment. That being said have you found the radiator you were looking for? if not have you considered sending the one you have to a reputable radiator repair shop? from my past experience with equipment of many types, a radiator has to be in extremely poor condition to not be repairable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts