Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just joined the new site here and thought I would introduce myself. I'm from a small town in central Kentucky called Bardstown,born and raised. I have a 51 VAC Case and its a family tractor like many people on this board appear to have,which I great! I live in a neighborhood and my Case rarely gets used but I would love to be able to use it more. My grandfather bought it brand new, shortly after he bought it he had a heart attack and died, that was in 1956. My dad was 7 and it was sold, my great uncle bought it at the sale and he didn't have a farm either. So it sat for several years. My cousin ended up with it and sold it back to dad. Again it sat for several years. I was born in 73 and I didn't see it move from the barn for 25+ years. I plowed many a pretend field sitting on the seat but never heard it start. In about 95 or so dad had it re-done, all the way apart and all new everything, although I not sure it needed it. I finally went to a show last weekend and met NickfromKy, nice guy and very knowledgeable, we talked for hours. He posted on the board that they were having that show in Philpot, which isn't close to us, but we went. I'm glad I did. He posted on there most people post the pictures from the show the previous weekend, it was nice to see him post before it happened, made us see it and go. Well I have rambled enough, maybe can find some people around here or maybe even a club around here. By the way I tried to post a picture but it said the board quota had been reached.

Thanks,
Felix

G

·
Welcome Felix,

Glad to have you here. Neat story of how your tractor has made the rounds through the family. Glad its still "at home".
Alot of us here use www.photobucket.com for loading our pictures. Good luck and looking forward to seeing pics soon.
Enjoy yourself Sir.

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
Welcome to ATF.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
WelcomeFelix toATF .Glad to haveyouaboard.
Make yourself at home and look all around.
Loved your story.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
welcome to ATF glad to have you as a member. So you are close to Rooster Run? ;)

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome, nice to have you. There are quite a few of us Ky folks on here. I'm about 20 minutes East of Lexington.

·
Super Moderator
1,613 Posts
Hi Felix, welcome to ATF

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep Rooster Run is in my county. I live right off the parkway near the fairgrounds. We had a tractor show here this summer but only about 15 tractors there. I drove mine since it was so close.

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
Welcome to ATF Felix. Your family tractor story is great :!:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome Felix, I live in Lexington.

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
Howdy Neighbor, and Welcome :D Great story about the VAC.
I'm just outside of E-town, so you're only a couple of hills and hollers away.
Hope you enjoy the forum!! ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to ATF, we're all glad you're here.....mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts