Antique Tractors Forum banner

New member - Louisiana

866 views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  oliverguy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Allan Floyd. I'm retired Air Force and currently live in Alexandria, Louisiana. I joined this forum to help with research and possibly restoring a couple old tractors that my dad left behind when he passed. I'll be digging around for model numbers and such this weekend. Attached is one of the pieces I have with another located in a shed somewhere. If anyone has an idea of what this is please chime in. Look forward to chatting with everyone and finding out more about these old things.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Howdy and welcome to ATF Allan! There were lots of Cubs made and, and many are still used today. Parts for them are plentiful.

#7 ·
Wheel Tire Tractor Automotive tire Vehicle

Here is the location of your cub's serial number plate if it is still attached.

#9 ·
Attached are photos of the data plate and SNs from the body/frame. Just doing a google search, I found another Cub owner with a similar data plate but his begin with 105xxx. It was mentioned his was a 50s demo model. Would this mean mine, beginning with 106, is a 60s model demo?

Attachments

#10 ·
This is the second tractor or what's left of it. It has the same engine/cab offset style so I am assuming its another Farmall. I'm pretty sure the engine is also in the shed but honestly, I was more concerned about running up on a snake (haha). Snapped a few quick pictures and egressed quickly.

Attachments

#12 ·
This is the second tractor or what's left of it. It has the same engine/cab offset style so I am assuming its another Farmall. I'm pretty sure the engine is also in the shed but honestly, I was more concerned about running up on a snake (haha). Snapped a few quick pictures and egressed quickly.
[/QUOTE
I believe this one is a farmall A. On a early cub the gas tank and hood are all one piece. Do you have the motor to go with it?

#11 ·
Your ID plate has been painted. Gently scrape the red paint off and you should see the shiny plate and serial number. The link will take you to a serial number list. A serial number beginning with 105xxx or 106xxx will be a 1951 model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.