Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Hagertown MD and plcked this up for the N $100 14" points and everything looked good even coulters seemed good. Needs a little TLC and paint but thought it was a good buy'

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Looks good ,guess it needs a little red paint on it . So what are you plowing ,Garden??
Is that yellow house yours . nice looking place.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bettyp said:
Looks good ,guess it needs a little red paint on it . So what are you plowing ,Garden??
Is that yellow house yours . nice looking place.
Yes all around. We renovated it a long time back, House was built by Ann's Grandfather and Greatgrandfather. Has been a labor of love over the years and as any old house a continual challenge!!!!We bought it from her grandmothers estate was in pretty bad shape and we didn't want to see it torn down or turned into apts.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Mike look like you all have a wonderful job keeping it up . Looks so pretty.
Know Ann is happy to keep it in the family . I bet she has a lot of happy memories
of being in it when her grandparents live there.

G

·
0 Posts
If ya need to shine that plow up......................................................I'll be ready whenever you drive up here :D :D

Nice plow. Been lookin for one like that for a few years now. One like that in terrible shape goes for around $250 :shock: Nice find.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks like a ferguson AO model. It looks like it's missing the jointers but for that price your lucky you have coulters and the tailwheel on it.
Good deal! Ain't nothing like plowing dirt.

kirk

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kirk-NJ said:
Looks like a ferguson AO model. It looks like it's missing the jointers but for that price your lucky you have coulters and the tailwheel on it.

kirk
No actually it is a massey harris. Have't got the plate cleaned enough to find the model yet.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stephenscity said:
Kirk-NJ said:

kirk
No actually it is a massey harris. Have't got the plate cleaned enough to find the model yet.
OK it is a model MH 62 Built be massie harris ferguson in Canada.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i have 2 dearborn 10-1 plows.. my first one is in worst shape.. but workable. I got a great one at auction months ago. but it stell sets on a pallat in front of the garage waiting for me to work on it.. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah Mike, As usual, I'm 2 days late & $2.00 short. If it is going to a good home to be worked that's OK with me. That Oliver plow was sure a different model than any I've seen, ever.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
petra79 said:
............ Nice plow. Been lookin for one like that for a few years now. One like that in terrible shape goes for around $250 :shock: Nice find.
They go for the same around here. Ya done good Mike. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Have ya started with the wire brush yet???? That would sure look nice all shiny and painted :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
petra79 said:
Have ya started with the wire brush yet???? That would sure look nice all shiny and painted :cool: :cool: :cool:
Boy ya just arn't gonna give up huh??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Guess I'll just tell Ann she'll Have to take care of the picken and canning cause I gotta work on the new plow :? :? :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh you might want to concider getting a new phone number she don't look real happy right now!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
I would think you would be the one gettin a bit worried. I have caller I.D. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides I'm sure she'll let ya go out to the garage after you get your inside chores done :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
side note? ya'll getting a ton o ran down up there?

it's raining here every day.. maybee 2-3x

i have to mow the house grass every 4 days.

i've let the 'other' farm pasture go.. wife 'reminded' me about that this am. not sure when i will fabricate some time to go handle that one.. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
soundguy said:
side note? ya'll getting a ton o ran down up there?

it's raining here every day.. maybee 2-3x

i have to mow the house grass every 4 days.

i've let the 'other' farm pasture go.. wife 'reminded' me about that this am. not sure when i will fabricate some time to go handle that one.. :)
Not quite that bad here but have had to mow about every 6 days this summer.First year I can remember not having to water any.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts