Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post a few pictures of my latest aquisition...it's a 1929 Regular, serial no. 84160. Picked up this past weekend. Obviously this will be a pretty ambitious project, one that will take a few years. It's missing several things, air cleaner, steering wheel, mag, carb, spark and throttle controls and the starting tank. The front steering shaft is broken off right below the bottom bearing near the axle casting, but neither of the castings are broken. Both front rims are pretty well gone, bent all to pieces and one of the rears is bent pretty bad. The left brake handle is broken and all the cables are gone. The gas tank is all but gone, the entire bottom is rotted out...

For the good, no cracks, breaks or welds on the block, final drives, head, manifold or radiator casting...Oh' and it still has the starting crank with it :) Gotta look at the bright side of things...

I've had a hankerin' for an early unstyled tractor and this one came along for a handshake. I went after it having been told it was an F-12, but realized when I got there it was a Regular. I was a tad disappointed in it's condition, but it was about what I was expecting. I'm not really that familiar with the pre-'39 tractors but I'm looking forward to learning and working on this one as time and or course, money permit.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Looks like its going to be a fun project to say the least. I have a buddy who has tons of parts for those, or did before he retired. Ill check with him and see if he still has some of those pieces and if he does get you together. I know he had/had 7 or 8 parts tractors, and a 40' container or 2 full of parts. One of his parts tractors was restored like 15 years ago, and the engine blew at the show so he made a parts tractor out of it. It was a mutt Regular anyways, so not much of anything but time was lost on its restoration

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks like a fun one I would take on :lol:

As I can remember the Regular was painted gray, if you took it to a dealer to have it overhaled they got painted red I guess.

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
Good luck and have fun with it Dusti, an "ambitious " project for sure. ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Wow....now that is a a project! :D Cant wait to see it done

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Looks like a good project to have fun with. After getting the hand crank it otta be down hill after that. ;) I've seen your other tractors and look foreward to seeing this one when your done. Hope you post some pics of the project as you go along.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I really enjoyed restoring my 31 regular. It was the first I ever did from top to bottom

Was a great project good luck with yours .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rocky577 said:
I really enjoyed restoring my 31 regular. It was the first I ever did from top to bottom

Was a great project good luck with yours .

See...THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! :mrgreen: That was a sharp tractor even before the restoration. Thanks for the inspiration.

I may be overly ambitious, time will tell. If I could scrounge up parts feasibly it wouldn't be to bad. I'm really interested in the ol' boy, such a simple design, timeless really. I just know I've been wanting an early unstyled tractor for along time and probably won't be content until I do...

I may end up buying one at some point more complete and running and go from there...who knows?

·
Registered
134 Posts
We were lucky the only bad that we found was a bad head had to get it welded up and then ground down. So it is all original as far as i know. I made the bands for the rear wheels and put the rubber on the front so we could ride her in parades. really a simple as they come design even the carb is simple once you figure out how it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts