Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was unloadinghay for my dad's friend today when I asked him if he wanted to sell his old International. He asked me what I would offer him and I told him 500$ cash right now. He bit on it. Needless to say I am now the proud owner of a 1962? International 300 utility tractor! Needs some tlc so this is also going to be a fixxer upper thread. Needs new gears for the pto, a new generator installed, new gauges, seat, and other minor things. But it came with the original owners manual, service manual, and shipping reciept. He also threw in a 2 bottom plow and a set of cultivators. It ran last fall, but sat inside a barn for the winter. I think I'm gonna keep her in her work clothes for daily chores. And the t/a works beautifully. Hopefully will have her running tomorrow with a little bit of luck. The serial# is 12414

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going by what the previous owner told me. She's really not in bad shape

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Looks like she's been used, but not abused, with both lights still on, and the crome nameplates in place.
May have been neglected a bit from time to time. Especially the paint, but that's par. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks like it will make a fine chore tractor!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes sir! Hope to have it running later tonight by disconnecting.the generator. I might convert this one to 12 volt so its easier for my mom to start it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was expecting the worst to be honest, but the ole girl must love me!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I knew it was too good to be true. Actually was driving it around today and noticed antifreeze giving me a shower :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts