Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been about six weeks and we decided it was time for a new family friend, a local no kill shelter had this little female mutt waiting for me when I showed up. She looked at me and wagged her tail one way and her butt the other looking like "where you been?" I brought her home last night and surprised the girls

G

·
0 Posts
What kind is she and how big will she get? I know you said mutt, but any idea on what kind of mixtures?

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
She's a cutie and looks very trainable. A guess, but I'll bet there's some Jack Russell there.

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
She will have to have lots of spunk in her to keep up with the girls :!: ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's pretty good at training so far but not great (potty).....we dont know the breeds....the shelter was told beagle and that taco bell dog....chiuahua??? :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
DerickS said:
She's pretty good at training so far but not great (potty).....we dont know the breeds....the shelter was told beagle and that taco bell dog....chiuahua??? :lol:
:shock:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
926 Posts
Can't blame You there at all; some animals know how to play completely unfair; they know how to go from neutral to completely irresitable in less than a blink of the eye.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
DerickS said:
I'll offer a suggestion on potty training. I crate trained my last three dogs, but they were younger pups. We put ours in the crate when we couldn't be with her and at night. We put a radio in the room with ours at night along with some things with our smell in her crate, old shoe, sock, etc. Every so often, take her outside and tell her to "go potty". Instilling in them to go outside to use the bathroom is the key. You probably know this, but that is what we did.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks folks! She is getting noticbly better at training, crating will be an option if she dont get it in the next week or so. Betty we were throwing out names and Tiff said Violet and the girls both jumped at it so it was a multiple person decsion :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts