Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: new shop

That would be real good as I watched as you posted the progress when you were building it mike,be good to see it now :cool:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts

Here's a perfect example of an old post re-posted. I wasn't a member back then and never saw this before even though I read backwards many, many times.
Thank you sir, for showing us how it's done. You have some really cool toys and a nice looking piece of land sir !!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The shop is heated with a clean burn waste oil furnace. The lights are cold start and there is 7 rows of them. The air compressor is Cambell Hausfeild I tied the old 60 gal. tank into a new one and gives us 120 gal of compressed air, I mounted the hose reel on top of the old tank where the motor sat. We also hooked up a computor out there, now if I only could have done this 20 years ago.....mike

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The work bench is really heavy, we have to move it with a skid steer with forks. Chris built it with steel that we were given, the outside legs are 4x4 box steel and the center legs are 2x6 box steel.....mike

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The front and back is insulated but we still need to do the side walls, the door is 12 wide and 10 tall with a roll up door.....mike

G

·

You've got that set up really nice. Love all the tools on the peg board. I've got a table like yours but on a smaller scale. Nice for just about everything.
Thanks for the pics Mike. Turned out great.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got the peg board off craigs list for $3 a sheet. We have enough to do the walls as time opens up.....mike

G

·
mike1111 said:
We got the peg board off craigs list for $3 a sheet. We have enough to do the walls as time opens up.....mike
Wow, that was cheap. Can't have too much of that.
I've a few smaller sheets with bungee cord tied through them. Took em out of my old work truck. Had them on the ceiling and hung hydraulic fittings from them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It turned out better than I ever imagined mike,you have got everything at hand,thanks for showing us the finished shed :cool:

·
Administrator
4,349 Posts

mike1111 said:
........... now if I only could have done this 20 years ago.....mike
I know that feeling. :roll:
My shop is in the planning stage for two more years, when my mortgage will be "paid in full."
Then, I'll have the money to build it how I want with no shortcuts. Including "porcelain facilities".
Your shop turned out really nice. Does the waste oil furnace do good?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The furnace is to big, but we got a good buy on it. I hope we can find a ceiling mount one that would fit the size of the shop better. We do a lot of oil changes for other folks and have people bringing us oil. I was surprised how clean the exhaust is and no smell on the inside or out. We had the building kit 3 years before we saved up enough to pour concrete. The man door was salvaged out of on old building, the frame work for the front came out of an old barn that was being torn down and the back wall is salvaged out of a coke wharehouse out of Cinn. and a building Chris tore down for a guy. The only thing we had done was the garage door and door opener.We bought 30 sheets of commercal grade peg board from a guy that salvaged it from a store .....mike

·
Super Moderator
8,534 Posts
It all looks great Mike. Very well planned and laid out :!: :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts