Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to this but thought I would try. I bought a 1952 Farmall Super A Cultivision a month ago. Seems to run pretty good till I drop the cultivators. If I got more than a couple of inches in the ground, it begins to choke. I had read it might be the carburetor so I bought another. That didn’t work either. I couldn’t get it to adjust without it surging. I cleaned the old carb and put it back on, but still the same, and it seems to be running a little rich. I am open to any suggestions. I bought it to finish the restoration and use it. Thanks in advance.
Greg

·
Super Moderator
8,444 Posts
Check your fuel flow. Get a small container, quart jar or something similar. Make sure sediment bowl valve is fully open. Remove carb bowl drain plug and see if you have a steady fuel flow for 30 seconds or so. There should be a strainer in the fuel line where it fastens to the carb. It can get plugged. Also your float may be out of adjustment. An electrical problem can mimic a fuel problem. If it begins stumbling when the engine begins to warm, it could be from a defective condenser or coil. Engine timing can play a part too. I would rule out a fuel problem first. Let us know what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts