Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the tractor (Oliver 1250) from one field to another when the tractor rpm dropped to 1000 without warning. There is no tension in the throttle. I have not been able to see where there is anything broken. I have a parts and repair manual but I’m unable to see where I need to reconnect the broken or missing link. I could really use some help. Thanks.

Stuart

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I was driving the tractor (Oliver 1250) from one field to another when the tractor rpm dropped to 1000 without warning. There is no tension in the throttle. I have not been able to see where there is anything broken. I have a parts and repair manual but I’m unable to see where I need to reconnect the broken or missing link. I could really use some help. Thanks.

Stuart
I would contact these folks, Your Fiat-built Oliver Tractor Parts Source!
Definitely a cat of a different breed!
in my opinion, these aren't Olivers (hahahaha) but Fiats.

·
Super Moderator
8,584 Posts
Follow the linkage from the throttle at the steering wheel to the injection pump and see if everything 8s connected and movement of the throttle control travels to the injection pump. I have 2 Long tractors which are cousins to your Oliver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn’t able to see what was disconnected in previous inspections but did today and things are back to normal. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts