Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I´m Wolfgang from Austria - Carinthia, its in the south close to Slovenia, and own - and use - a Lindner* HL JW 20 A** 4x4 tractor from 1955 with winch, PTO and pulley, powered by a Jenbacher*** 1cyl 4 stroke indirect injection diesel (in fact stationary) motor.
I´m engineer by profession and work(ed) mostly in R&D, one of my hobbies is heavy old iron, so I own a steamroller from 1904 also, some trucks,a low loader, a portable reciprocating saw, a stone crusher, a compressor with more or less the same motor as the tractor and 2 Fiat crawlers from 1936 (a good one and a bad one).
I am married, we have a daughter (24 yrs old and not interested in my scrap at all *sigh*)
This year I will be 8 years old (for the 7th time :) ), I feell like I´m 22 and some people say I look like 100...
As I was in the "old" forum already, I know that there are friendly people and I´m sure I will have fun here!

Best regards, beers and cheers
Wolfgang

*Lindner is the last remaining family owned tractor company in Austria, they now cooperate with Steyr (>Case > New Holland >Fiat). Hans Lindner was aeroplane designer and holds a patent for two propellers rotating in contrary directions on the same shaft. He liked to cast parts (the company started as a foundry) so even the steering weel is cast. One time I attended a show not far away from the factory in Kundl / Tyrol. 5 HL JW 20 A attended the show, and every one was different. We could see a lot of different castings for similar parts.
**HL = Hans Lindner, JW = Jenbacher Werke (works) 20 = 20 hp, A = Allrad (4x4)
***Jenbacher also is an old Austrian company - now part of General Electric - and started with a family of stationary motors from 6 to 30 hp immediately after WW2. Now they are manufacturing big motors for Methane gas and similar up to 20 cylinders and 5.000 hp.

W

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome back to ATF glad to have you as a member here..

·
Registered
438 Posts
A Big Welcome from KY. Glad you're back.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome back and I enjoyed your story about Lindner......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I will bore you with pics and stories about my Fiat crawler in no time. Be warned :)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Welcome back wolfgang. glad to have you back .
Make yourself at home and look all around.

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
Welcome to ATF. Enjoy the site. :D

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Welcome Wolfgang from PA, Looking forward to your pictures.
Regards,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
Hello Wolfgang, welcome back to ATF. I hope a few more find their way back.

·
Super Moderator
8,549 Posts
Great to have you back with us Wolfgang. You have some really neat stuff :!: Your daughter doesn't know what she is missing :!: ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
HL JW 20 A said:
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I will bore you with pics and stories about my Fiat crawler in no time. Be warned :)
Welcome back Wolfgang! We love pics, and look foawrd to them!

·
Administrator
4,361 Posts
Welcome back Wolfgang, :D Glad you found us.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Welcome aboard! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts