Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to pick up this Allis B, tomorrow night after work. Dad found it on craigslist this morning, and after the tractor show, dad and I went and looked at it. It needs a little work, but nothing we can't handle.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernie N Ky said:
You guys will have it going by the weekend :lol: I always thought those were sharp little tractors.
Don't think it will be going by the weekend :( The motor is torn apart right now. And I have to get Ford 850 fixed before I can do much on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Not a bad looking tractor at all and if the deck prooves out it will be a handy one to have with your new place. From what I have seen in your past post I have to agree it ain't nothing you all can't handle with ease.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Looks like a good project. :D Keeper ?? If so, I'd find some Baby Moons to snap on those car rims. ;)
Would make a dandy mower for around the new place. :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigDaveinKY said:
Looks like a good project. :D Keeper ?? If so, I'd find some Baby Moons to snap on those car rims. ;)
Would make a dandy mower for around the new place. :?
It's a keeper. I loved the one we had before. This one is going to be my show tractor, and yard tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Was looking at the pics on your link and saw the tag on the exhaust manifold and had never noticed them before. What are they for?

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
A neat tractor Colin. Yall will have fun with it :!:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
missouri massey man said:
Nice little tractor, it is for sure. Anything wrong internally? What kinda story came with it ?
The guy I bought it from said, that he saved it from a junk yard, and that the motor was stuck, so he took the pistons out, and split the tractor, then ran out of time to work on it, and did not want to see it gi back to the junk yard. So we found it, and I have been wanting one since we sold the one we had.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice little ride for sure! I love those little B's. I have plans for a B one of these days. I'm gonna modernize it some and make it stand out a little bit. Probably be when I retire before I can afford to do this but it's gonna happen one of these days. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
A-C B

Having spent many hojurs on one; I have to agree on the GREAT little tractor part!

I disagree with Big-D though. I thnk you should just find some CHEAP --Full chrome or custom wheels that fit the bolt pattern!

C'list should have them too. Maybe match your truck rims for a kick!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I like the "B" too. You have a good one there! sheet metal looks to be in good shape. Hope you can get it running in short order. Glad you saved it from the junk man. I liked ours in the woods with a small trailer. We had cultivators for ours too and it was used for cabbage planting and cultivation and harvesting.
Great pictures as it comes home!
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
640, if you drive east on Route 6 from Route 49 there are two Allis Bs for sale. One just west of Westville, and one east of Westville closer to Route 39. They both look complete to me. Might be worth a look if youre desperate for another project, lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts