Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new windshield installed in my car today. It had a crack going across the windshield, and on these HOT days, it got a little longer each day. Had one put in this car about 5-6 years ago snd cost right at $400. The one today cost $236 installed. :D I know who I'm calling the next time I need a new windshield

G

·
0 Posts
Thats funny. Just had one put in my work truck last night. Same thing with the heat, it grew a bit faster. Mine was just under $500, though its on a Freightliner so its just a tad bigger than yours.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Where we used to live there were a lot of rock & gravel trucks on the highways during the building boom, so there were quite a few chip in the windshield of the Tundra. After a couple times at the glass shop, I decided that I could buy the kits and do as good a job of stabilizing the chip as the shop did. Even stopped a couple cracks that started. Finally decided to put in a new windshield last winter for $189, now that we no longer live where the rock trucks travel.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Some auto/truck insurance policies cover glass breakage. I've needed a few windshields replaced in my time. Think coverage is $4.00 per year per vehicle.
Bob

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
here in Ky your insurance covers it how ever it gets chip they repair if it can't be repared then it is replace - had couple put in when someone shot windshield with BB gun ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bob Kline said:
Some auto/truck insurance policies cover glass breakage. I've needed a few windshields replaced in my time. Think coverage is $4.00 per year per vehicle.Bob
I have glass coverage, but don't use it. The first time I used glass insurance, the premium on my 1950 Dodge was $12 for 6 months. I got a rock in the the driver side, so had the insurance pay for replacing the driver side half of the flat windshield. It cost the insurance company $12 for the new windshield - and my insurance premium went up $12 with the next bill and stayed on subsequent premium bills. I paid for that dang windshield several times over until I got wise and dumped that company.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
I have comprehensive coverage on all vehicles and have had many windshields installed over the last 30 years. My comprehensive rates have been stable, too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Caseman, Mike & Jim, - same here on com-coverage, even covered the 3 different times those (blank) deer didn't miss hitting our vehicles. The rates didn't go up either, - been with the same insurance co. for 56 years, - very good agents, - 3rd generation since I started with them.
Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts