Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Robby and I am a Fireman/EMT from the North Shore of Long Island. In my spare time I enjoy riding my Harley Davidson, working on my 1923 Model T hot rod and restoring antique horse drawn carriages, sleighs, and wagons. In my recent travels into New England, I came across a 1948 Farmall C tractor for sale. It was love at first sight. A few days later, my wife and I returned to Connecticut, loaded the Farmall C onto a trailer and headed for home. After four hours of driving, a heavy snow storm, and an hour ferry ride across Long Island Sound, the Farmall was introduced to our home. She is a little weathered but my intensions are to clean her up and get her running. In one day after purchase, I have ordered some paint, a new rear tire, and some parts that are missing. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I plan to begin restoration.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Robby, Welcome to ATF!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome to ATF glad to have you as a member here with us..

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to ATF, thanks for joining. I am a fireman also.

·
Administrator
4,349 Posts
Hello and Welcome Robby, glad you joined us.
Good luck with the little Farmall.
Hope you enjoy the forum!! ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
Welcome to ATF Robby.

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
Hello Robby, welcome to ATF

·
Super Moderator
8,534 Posts
Hey Robby, great to have you with us, and I enjoyed your story. Sounds as if a city boy is returning to country roots. You will find lots of help with your C here. also, post some pics of your hot rod :!: :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Welcome to ATF Robby! Glad you joined. Hope all goes well with the C. I got a big soft spot for the old farmalls. Hope you keep us posted as you go along.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome to the forum Robbie. May this Farmall be the first of many (tractors that is). It is a chronic disorder.

Regards,
John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts