Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each year on Memorial Day weekend we hold a festval commerate the heritage of Stephens City, Known as Stephensburg/Newtown until after the Civil War. The oldest town in the Shenandoah Valley and was a major wagon building industry. If your ancesters traveled west during the migration there is a strong chance they traveled in a "NEWTOWN WAGON"
through the Cumberland Gap.

Me pulling a cub scout float

Not sure make and model

Old wagon still running

Celebrating our veterans

Old Steam

Sorry JR. The only case in the parade

If anyone wants to view more they are in an album below
http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l62 ... ?start=all

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Great pictures, I like small town parades. This one brought back some memories. I used to have an old Chevy pickup with wood cab and bed. The bed was covered and was called a Huckster. My half Brother and I spent many weekends hunting and fishing from an old Jeep wagon like the yellow one, I used to have 3 of the old military single axle 4x trucks. One had a long manure spreader, used to spread mint straw, 1 was a dump truck and 1 was a short log truck, used to haul hop poles and logs to a nearby mill. Brought back a lot of memories, Thanks....James

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Love it! Great pictures thanks :D

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Much better than the local parades. They have too many Corvettes in them.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Unfortunatly this festival is really struggling to survive. Too many city folks have moved in and I guess they just arn't as interested in these type things. We keep trying though. :cry:
Thats a shame :(

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DerickS said:
Stephenscity said:
Unfortunatly this festival is really struggling to survive. Too many city folks have moved in and I guess they just arn't as interested in these type things. We keep trying though. :cry:
Yea sota sad This festival was at one time full of old tyme artisans and lasted for days Now just three and the only artisan this year was a wood turner. I keep hoping for a turn around but only time will tell.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Stephenscity said:
DerickS said:
Stephenscity said:
Yea sota sad This festival was at one time full of old tyme artisans and lasted for days Now just three and the only artisan this year was a wood turner. I keep hoping for a turn around but only time will tell.
Dont give up the fight and maybe it'll come back around again :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts