Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out working in the garden with the tiller at first light this morning. Ground needed to dry a little more, but would be plantable this afternoon. :D Our weather predicting dog was acting funny, so I check the radar and rain was about 15 minutes away. Went out and closed the shed up. It started to rain by the time I got to the house. :cry: Still raining now with more forecast today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Finally got our garden all planted today. Our neighbor came over two nights ago and tilled it for me. My wife and I just got done. It's thundering around us. Now, rain is welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,485 Posts
Good for you Bob ,glad you got it done and now some rain and then the sunshine will make it grow.
God is so good all the time . He blesses us with these added things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was wrong. :oops: Didn't get as much rain as I thought. Wind picked up and the sun came out. Ground was in pretty good shape by 2 PM. tilled it again and planted tomatoes,peppers, zuchinni, cucumbers, sweet taters, green beans and the first planting of sweet corn. :D Man am I tired. :shock:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,441 Posts
Glad Mother Nature was kind to you Steve. I am sure many farmers here are hoping for the same consideration. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim in NC said:
Glad Mother Nature was kind to you Steve. I am sure many farmers here are hoping for the same consideration. ;)
The farmer in my area are at full speed , planting corn and making hay. BIL has a tractor seat for me when ever I have the time to drive for him. I enjoy being out on a tractor even if it's one of those green & yellow things :D pulling a 36' disc.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,441 Posts
I was told yesterday that there was lots of hay down a little south of us. It is ready here, but I haven't seen much cut yet. I am trying to get planting caught up so I can begin to think about haying.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
4imnotright said:
Well I was wrong. :oops: Didn't get as much rain as I thought. Wind picked up and the sun came out. Ground was in pretty good shape by 2 PM. tilled it again and planted tomatoes,peppers, zuchinni, cucumbers, sweet taters, green beans and the first planting of sweet corn. :D Man am I tired. :shock:
Glad you got it out. Still plenty early and hopefully it won't be long till a man can enjoy the fun part of the garden. Eating it. :D

Peacher79 said:
Finally got our garden all planted today. Our neighbor came over two nights ago and tilled it for me. My wife and I just got done. It's thundering around us. Know, rain is welcome.
glad you got yours out to Bob. That thunder you heard was over at my place while I was trying to harrow.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top