Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out working in the garden with the tiller at first light this morning. Ground needed to dry a little more, but would be plantable this afternoon. :D Our weather predicting dog was acting funny, so I check the radar and rain was about 15 minutes away. Went out and closed the shed up. It started to rain by the time I got to the house. :cry: Still raining now with more forecast today.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Finally got our garden all planted today. Our neighbor came over two nights ago and tilled it for me. My wife and I just got done. It's thundering around us. Now, rain is welcome.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Good for you Bob ,glad you got it done and now some rain and then the sunshine will make it grow.
God is so good all the time . He blesses us with these added things.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was wrong. :oops: Didn't get as much rain as I thought. Wind picked up and the sun came out. Ground was in pretty good shape by 2 PM. tilled it again and planted tomatoes,peppers, zuchinni, cucumbers, sweet taters, green beans and the first planting of sweet corn. :D Man am I tired. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
Glad Mother Nature was kind to you Steve. I am sure many farmers here are hoping for the same consideration. ;)

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim in NC said:
Glad Mother Nature was kind to you Steve. I am sure many farmers here are hoping for the same consideration. ;)
The farmer in my area are at full speed , planting corn and making hay. BIL has a tractor seat for me when ever I have the time to drive for him. I enjoy being out on a tractor even if it's one of those green & yellow things :D pulling a 36' disc.

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
I was told yesterday that there was lots of hay down a little south of us. It is ready here, but I haven't seen much cut yet. I am trying to get planting caught up so I can begin to think about haying.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
4imnotright said:
Well I was wrong. :oops: Didn't get as much rain as I thought. Wind picked up and the sun came out. Ground was in pretty good shape by 2 PM. tilled it again and planted tomatoes,peppers, zuchinni, cucumbers, sweet taters, green beans and the first planting of sweet corn. :D Man am I tired. :shock:
Glad you got it out. Still plenty early and hopefully it won't be long till a man can enjoy the fun part of the garden. Eating it. :D

Peacher79 said:
Finally got our garden all planted today. Our neighbor came over two nights ago and tilled it for me. My wife and I just got done. It's thundering around us. Know, rain is welcome.
glad you got yours out to Bob. That thunder you heard was over at my place while I was trying to harrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts