Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just waiting to go to church, and got to wandering is anyone getting near normal weather for their area?
we've had a very wet spring and summer, if you could call it summer, up to the minute.
Things are growing well, but when we are going to make hay, I don't know, It's nearly impossible at the present to get a dry day tgo make wet silage, let alone hay. How are the rest of ya all fairing Stateside, Shelly is probably as wet as we are. :roll: :roll:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Paddy, the best way to find out how most of US are doing is to read the first few topics on this board. You will find that we have experienced nearly a 2 week long heat wave, and are very dry. Most were dry before the heat came. Crops are burning or have burnt up and prices are soaring because of it. Much of the singed area is going to have relief this week, but how much, if any, crops will be helped remains to be seen. I know from Shelly that yall have been wet and cool. It sounds like weather improvements on both sides of the Atlantic are welcomed. Good to hear from you. Don't be a stranger :!:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just home and had lunch, and guess what its RAINING again :( , but I think I'll get a big tanker and send you folk a boat load over there :lol: we could do without it and by the sounds of things you could sure use it, maybe then we'd all be :D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
I'm up in the somewhat northern part of the states and we're finally getting some relief. Raining right now and temps have dropped about 25 deg from yesterday.

·
Administrator
3,957 Posts
Jim summed it up pretty well. I wish we could blend our two weather systems together somehow, and as you say, we could all be happy. ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
:D Well we just had our BIG steam rally.... not quite the weather we were hoping for, dry set up Wed til we got a heavy shower late afternoon. Thursday grey and light showers, Friday, heavy rain all day. Did we cancel NO.... kept all movement to a minimum on the field pulled everything in to place. DRy Sat & Sun but overcast, we got some folk through the gates but rumours that we were cancelled meant lower than normal turnout.... some folk need to get a hobby and stop spreading false rumours.... bak home now just de mudding ...we had fun though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts