Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent bought or sold a trailer in a while, trying to help a buddy out. He bought this PJ trailer like in 2000 or 2001, dont recall what he saaid now, 14ft with 2ft dovetail, I think 82" between the fenders, needs a couple of the boards repalced, some areas need paint, had pretty good tires on it still, and hes including WD hitch and reciever, also has breakway set up. In our research, mainly craigslist, theres worse looking trailers for around 5 - 700. Would 1000 be too much you think?

SORRY FOR THE SIZE! I just cant get pics to do right on photobucket.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: Not sure where to post this......A "whats its worth ques

Not here. That trailer judging from the pic would sell for around that $1500 bracket. But we all no things tend to be reginal.

G

·
0 Posts

Sounds like a good price. Runnin around 15k - 18k obo around here.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

Those look to be 6,000 lb axles and I'm sure there's electric brakes on it, with built in ramps. It would easily bring $1500 in this area.

·
Registered
320 Posts

I agree. I see these all the time for $1500-$1800. Funny how you can almost buy a new one for what the used ones cost. I went through that when I bought mine. I decided just to buy a new one.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

missouri massey man said:
Those look to be 6,000 lb axles and I'm sure there's electric brakes on it, with built in ramps. It would easily bring $1500 in this area.

7000lb axles I assume. His title says rated for 14000.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

johndeerefan said:
I agree. I see these all the time for $1500-$1800. Funny how you can almost buy a new one for what the used ones cost. I went through that when I bought mine. I decided just to buy a new one.

This one VERY similar to mine, except for the coupler, and it was 2600 new. Mine is red!

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts

Yep, I agree with what others have said. If it had 3500lb. axles then $700 to $1000.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

John M said:
[quote="missouri massey man":20c448sc]Those look to be 6,000 lb axles and I'm sure there's electric brakes on it, with built in ramps. It would easily bring $1500 in this area.

7000lb axles I assume. His title says rated for 14000.[/quote:20c448sc]
:oops: :oops: :oops: I didn't look super close, I could just for sure tell it wasn't a light duty five lug 14" or a light duty frame. 'Twas just a guess at the weight. 7000 lb. axles makes it an even better deal....of course nobody on THIS forum ever overload their trailers.... ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Mine, which is exactly like this one except for the coupler, was sold as a "car hauler". Jeremy, my buddy, was glad I did some more research, he sold it last night for 1700 with the WD hitch he had for it.

G

·
0 Posts

Glad to hear that John.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

John M said:
Mine, which is exactly like this one except for the coupler, was sold as a "car hauler". Jeremy, my buddy, was glad I did some more research, he sold it last night for 1700 with the WD hitch he had for it.
Great !!!! It looked like a very good bumper trailer. Glad it went so quickly....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Stephenscity said:
Now he did give ya some commission right :?: :?: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

He offered me a beer, does that count?? He was joking BTW, neither of us drink anymore!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts