Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You guys probably ain't interested, but my little old neighbor lady asked me to haul some stuff to the junk yard for her...

Took ol' Blue up with the tag trailer and cranked up this thing and the frame broke in half behind the cab when I broke over center on the ramps. (Ol' Blue is my orange truck).

First official load for the new antique winch I put on this winter to replace the much older wore out antique winch....Worked good, but would've been better if the rear brakes weren't rusted stuck. :x :x

Went up with the gooseneck and the old Dodge to pick up this 86 Delta 88. 8000 lb electric winch is a snap !!! Especially with a snatch block...

Bound down pretty good from the rear, the front however is a different story...

I threw a grade 70 chain over the hood and bottomed out the struts and accidentally scratched the paint (and maybe dented the fenders).
Still have to get a 68 Ford 1/2ton, 66 Chevy 3/4 ton, and a 65 Galaxie 500 out for her. I'll post some pictures of them too if you promise not to
shoot me !!!! The good thing, is everything is ROUGH condition. Like I said, nothing to do with tractors or machinery, but what the heck taking pictures is fun.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephenscity said:
Well your a good neighbor but you surprise me ya arn't taking these home parting out and coming up with a new one ya know Johnny Cash style :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p ;)
Well, you are quite the perceptive individual Mike. Ya just can't see the parts I took off, like the GM alternator, stereo, electric seat parts, power steering pump etc etc. Even the radiator and 12v fan may find its way onto something one of these days.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd wanted the four banger and 4 speed but I'm on a bit of a time crunch, so hadta bail on that. I just HATE to throw good stuff away...Some stuff is going to come out of the other vehicles for sure too. ;) ;) :) After the county got on me a couple years ago, I can't risk having non-running vehicles sit any length of time. They scan the county with computer programs that allow them to read a newspaper over your shoulder if they want. Fortunately, this being a farming county, farm machinery and tractors are exempt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts