Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a buddy who just got back home from his company travels. Asked me if I knew anything about a 2N sugar cane, a high crop 8N, and a tug motor 8N. Said the tug was still in use at the small airport he landed at and talked to the guy driving it and said he had a high crop and sugar cane Ford at home. Never seen anything like this on a Ford, except one 2000 Ford converted to a VERY high sprayed tractor. Anybody got any pics of these?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I remember Fossum had a sugar cane/ cotton special. it had a single front wheel and high crop rear rims it looked like a 2n three wheeler.
They made the moto tugs up thru the 601 and even later with the 3cyl. I've seen most in the 9n/2n.
Here is a shot of Zack's father from NC working the corn fields on his high crop 8n
Kirk

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i almost bought a 630 hi crop conversion one day. it had the pto shaft added so was essentially a 640.. etc.

Oi waited too long and it got bought.. :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I was think like the Farmalls, the hiegth on a M vs a MV is much higher compared to the pic. How much higher is that, like a foot or so? I did find a pic of the sugar cane, and to me, that wold be a high crop. And found a couple of the tugs, Id like to have one of those!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Kirk,
Great shot of the high crop Ford doing some work. Thanks for posting. That soil is really worked up nice for planting. The tractor is in great shape!
Regards,
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts