Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forecast now is for the next seven days of 100 and above, and it ain't even July. :shock: Uncommon around here.
This year is reminding me of the Summer of 1988 in the Ohio Valley. That year we had three or four weeks of 100+ temps in a row, and little to no rain.
I can remember the year, because we had just bought our first home on a five acre plot. We were to move in on the Fourth of July weekend.
The house didn't have air conditioning, not any big shade trees close, and the temps were forecast to be over 100. The forecast came true.
My bride went up on Friday (July1) to clean and get ready for the move, and I went there straight after work to help.
I came in to find her layng on the floor, under the cieling fan. The first thing that came to mind was that she had collapsed from heat stroke.
To my relief she had just got worn down from the heat and found the coolest place to rest, then fell asleep. We did move in that weekend.
Luckily at that point in our lives we only had one 24' U-Haul-It truck full of stuff to move. Picked up the truck and loaded it Saturday morning,
arrived at the new place sometime Saturday afternoon. Made sure the bed was the last thing on the truck, so it came off first. ;)
We took our time unloading with many water and cool down breaks, and finished up Sunday afternoon. A decision was quickly made, and Monday
we went shopping and purchased two 17,500 b.t.u. window air conditioning units, and the wiring to install one upstairs, where the bed rooms were,
and one downstairs. Since the house had no walls that matched on either level in order to run concieled ductwork, that was our best option at the time.
The heatwave lasted most all Summer, and I don't remember mowing the lawn any that first summer we were at the new house. Just brown grass.
Since then I can't remember any Summer where we've had 100+ temp more than a few days in a row, and definately not forecast for a week as it is today.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Dave,
This has been a strange year weather wise. I am not looking forward to the 100 degree heat that is forcasted.
My little garden would be all dead already, if I wasn't watering every other night.My wife has lost many plants and flowers she planted this spring.
Bob

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It is hot and the grass + crops will dry up here. Keeping me busy keeping water to my bantams. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Not as bad here but bad enough. Lookin at mid to upper 90's for the next week. Not a lot of rain forcasted either.
Be safe down there all ya Ky folk.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Yep, we have it coming too. Just sweating thinking about it :!:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Not as bad here but bad enough. Lookin at mid to upper 90's for the next week. Not a lot of rain forcasted either.
Well I guess the rest of us don't count How about that guys :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sorry bout that. Be safe Jim NC

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Well I guess the rest of us don't count How about that guys :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sorry bout that. Be safe Jim NC
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Not too bad today. 95 with low humidity. We get the humidity tomorrow though and about 7 more degrees on top of that for the next 4 days. :shock: :x

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
103 here yesterday, but with the low humidity, it was bearable.
Already 85 this morning at 8:45, and you can feel the moisture in the air.
Forecast 105 for my part on Ky today. :roll: Good day to help with the inside chores. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Got up to 90 then the rain cooled us down to low 60's. Rains done now so I'm sure it'll climb back up some.

·
849 Posts
Yesterday was brutal. We had a structure fire and three brush fires, along with three other runs. We drank water until we were sick. Busiest day I've had lately.

G

·
0 Posts
Ernie N Ky said:
Yesterday was brutal. We had a structure fire and three brush fires, along with three other runs. We drank water until we were sick. Busiest day I've had lately.
Just glad you made it home safe n sound Sir ;)

·
849 Posts
Thank you. The fire was driven by the wind. It started by the steps up to the deck and the the wind blew it right up into the attic. Burnt most of the roof off but we were able to save lots of the contents.

G

·
0 Posts
Glad you were able to save some of their stuff. Good job Ernie. I'm sure the owners greatly appreciate what y'all did for them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts